I hate that I have to write this post, but I want to remember what we're going through and all that God has done for us. Chris found out this past Tuesday (3/29/11) that his job is in jeopardy for next school year. He still has a job, but we're not sure what that is going to be yet.
As Chris was getting ready to take his band to the UIL competition, he found out from his principal that he was not on the master teacher list for next year. Because of a proposed budget shortfall, every district in the state of Texas is on a hiring freeze, as well as cutting back many positions. Chris was told that they could try to get him 2 half time positions (doing band) so that he could still be working in music. I'm not sure how that is going to work, though, because someone else would have to lose their job or be transferred to a different subject for that to work... I guess we can only wait and see what they say.
It's nice knowing that he will have a job next year because that takes away from the monetary stress that could've been created by this mess. It's just not knowing what he'll be doing, as well as being worried about the program that he's worked so hard to build up, that has him stressed. It's also sad that education has come to this point.
I feel very blessed to be where we are in this situation. I think that God has some amazing plans through all of this, even though I don't have a clue what those could be! I told Chris a few months ago that I felt that something big was going to change for next year. I honestly, as selfish as we humans can be, thought that it was about Chris becoming a head director somewhere and us moving into the home of our dreams. Little did I know that it would be Chris "losing" his job. I have often found that God moves in ways that we think are just plain crazy, but good always comes from it. In fact, it always seems to be the perfect ending, which we never would have thought of. So, I'm trusting that God is going about this in an unconventional way, and that something better than we could have ever imagined is coming our way.
As Chris was getting ready to take his band to the UIL competition, he found out from his principal that he was not on the master teacher list for next year. Because of a proposed budget shortfall, every district in the state of Texas is on a hiring freeze, as well as cutting back many positions. Chris was told that they could try to get him 2 half time positions (doing band) so that he could still be working in music. I'm not sure how that is going to work, though, because someone else would have to lose their job or be transferred to a different subject for that to work... I guess we can only wait and see what they say.
It's nice knowing that he will have a job next year because that takes away from the monetary stress that could've been created by this mess. It's just not knowing what he'll be doing, as well as being worried about the program that he's worked so hard to build up, that has him stressed. It's also sad that education has come to this point.
I feel very blessed to be where we are in this situation. I think that God has some amazing plans through all of this, even though I don't have a clue what those could be! I told Chris a few months ago that I felt that something big was going to change for next year. I honestly, as selfish as we humans can be, thought that it was about Chris becoming a head director somewhere and us moving into the home of our dreams. Little did I know that it would be Chris "losing" his job. I have often found that God moves in ways that we think are just plain crazy, but good always comes from it. In fact, it always seems to be the perfect ending, which we never would have thought of. So, I'm trusting that God is going about this in an unconventional way, and that something better than we could have ever imagined is coming our way.










2 comments:
What an awesome attitude you have about this! I know when Matt and I were dealing with the idea of having to close our business and move, I struggled with staying positive over all of it. I know God has an awesome plan for you and your family and he will reward your obedience to him through all of this. Thanks for the encouragement and conviction to remember it's not about us, it's about HIM!
I will br praying for you guys. God is faithful and will provide...perhaps in an expected way, but always perfectly!
Post a Comment