Chris is the most wonderful husband in the world! For my "mommy present," he took me to the mall to get a pedicure. I had mentioned that I didn't really want to go to the hospital with "Bedrock feet," so he took me yesterday for a day of pampering; and it wasn't just any pedicure! I was really thinking that they just paint your toenails and maybe put a cute design on your big toe, but Chris walks in and asks for the DELUXE pedicure... We're talking sugar scrub, peppermint mask (yes, on your feet & calves!) wrapped in a warm towel, lotion, massage, "scraping" my callused feet, all the accoutrement's that go with painting and cleaning the toes, AND a cute design! And it wasn't even expensive!! I'm totally doing this again!
Here is the finished product...(ignore the swollen part & just look at the cute toes!)...
On a different note, Doctor Update:
Our appointment on Thursday (April 17th) went really well! We are almost 3 cm dilated, and 50% effaced!!!!! This means that Evan could arrive ANYTIME!!!! I can tell that he has dropped, or started to drop or something, because I can feel extra pressure and it is harder to walk around without discomfort. I've been feeling great other than that! The doctor says that we should go to the hospital if my water breaks, or if I have strong contractions that get to be about 5 minutes apart. I can tell that I've been having small Braxton Hicks contractions, and they are uncomfortable, but no painful contractions as of yet. So, we're basically just playing the waiting game! Evan, we are so excited and we can't wait to meet you!










4 comments:
That is awesome!!! We love you guys and just a few days before the baby!
WOW, baby Evan has some amazing rhythm!!!!
can't wait to meet your little one!!! Are you guys mentally ready? (it has seemed so far away and now it is here!)
YIPPPPEEEE!!! Can't wait to hold him!
I know the feeling girl! hang in there! I love that you are reading babywise. Matt and I read that and loved it. I can't wait to meet Evan!
Post a Comment