Today was a hard one for Chris and I; we took Evan for his 2 month checkup and first set of vaccinations. I didn't expect Chris to stay in the room while he was given the shots, but I asked him to stay because I knew I was going to have a hard time and I needed his support, so he did. Chris did very well, and only cried a little bit when the nurse left (ok, I did, too!). It was hard to watch him (Evan) go through that, even though I knew he needed the shots. It was the same when he was circumcised at the hospital; knowing that we as parents had inflicted pain on him...on purpose, is a terrible feeling. It is hard, even though you know that he needs it. But our little man is a trooper and took it very well. He's been a little fussy and sleepy all day today, but overall is doing really well.
By the way, he weighed in at 12 lbs o.4 oz, and 24 1/4 inches long!
By the way, he weighed in at 12 lbs o.4 oz, and 24 1/4 inches long!
On a lighter note, he has started focusing really well on objects and has been trying to grab them with his hands. He has also been talking a lot more! I can't wait until he's really talking! His little voice is just so cute!
____________________________________________________
Also, Chris' parents left yesterday morning after spending 3 days at our house. They drove up to spend time with Evan, and we will see them again 2 weekends from now at the Gonzales Family Reunion in Raymondville. Chris' sister Elke was also in town with her 4 girls, so we were very blessed to be able to see everyone under one roof! We did not really DO anything (what can you do in Houston, during the summer in 100 degree weather, with 3 girls and 2 babies?!) except eat and hold babies. All in all, a great time together!
______________________________________________
Finally, Chris' niece Kailynn got a hold of our camera...and went crazy! She kept asking to take pictures, and I didn't see anything wrong with her wanting to express herself, so I kept letting her use it. Needless to say, we got a TON of pictures of...
well, see for yourself!
(Haha, these are only a few of the pictures for your viewing pleasure!)










2 comments:
I think your niece has potential! Some of those pics were quite artsy.
I agree with Katie...
there are some really artistic pictures in the mix!
Post a Comment