"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Week With Family

So much has happened this week; where do I begin?! This post will start with events from last Sunday, June 22. Chris left to teach a band camp at SHSU on the 22nd, and would not return until the 26th. So, I left as well to go visit with my Mom and spend some time with her.

Also, before anyone thinks anything, I feel terrible about the big scratch on Evan's forehead! I was a little late trimming his fingernails, and he cut himself while nursing. I feel terrible!
Here are some pictures from our time down south:

Grandma Brenda holding Evan


Evan fell asleep on the bed while playing with Chris one morning


While we were there, Evan outgrew one of his outfits. We measured him and he's grown 4 inches since birth!! He's now 24 1/2 inches long. Can you believe it?! Our little boy is getting big, literally!


Yesterday Chris' sister, Elke, and her 4 daughters drove up from the Valley to visit and meet Evan. Her youngest daughter is only 5 weeks older than Evan, so it is really cute watching the two babies together!
Here are some photos of the cousins meeting for the first time:


Grandma Mary and myself with Evan and baby Kenzy (who was born on April 1)


Evan and Kenzy


aren't babies adorable together?!


Left: Kailynn, Grandma Mary, Evan, Kenzy, Kim, and Kylee


Chris' sister Elke holding Evan


the whole gang


We made it back home safe and sound yesterday afternoon, but I just had to add this into the post. Chris and I have been reading to Evan since he was first born, and he just loves it! Here he is with Chris enjoying a good book:


Evan loves to read with his Dad!


He also loves looking at the pictures!


Aren't they too much?!

1 comments:

Judyn said...

Don't feel bad about that scratch...it happens. And now you have his first boo boo out of the way.

I love the pics of Daddy reading to him! He really looks like he is enjoying himself there too!