"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween 2010

We were able to celebrate Halloween several times this year; at the Playgroup Halloween Party on Friday, the Fall Festival at Spring Baptist (where the kids go to MDO) on Saturday, and our Trunk-or-Treat at CFBC on Sunday.

It was so much fun to experience Halloween with Evan this year! He's getting so big and has an opinion about everything. I thought that I could get away with one more year of picking out Halloween costumes, but he wants to be so independent nowadays that I think I've lost my chance (I think that means I can't talk about Santa presents in front of him anymore, either... because he'll have Christmas all figured out, too...). At least Aubrie is still a baby and will still let me pick out her costumes, etc... at least for a while. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it until then.






The kids had so much fun at Spring Baptist's Fall Festival on Saturday. It was a lot smaller than what our church puts on, but it was so much fun. Instead of walking around and people putting candy in buckets, there were activities that earned candy. It was great because the kids didn't go home with a ton of candy. Todd, Judy, Kaytlynn and Delaney showed up later, and the kids had a lot of fun together. Up until they got there, Evan just wanted to people watch. But once he was with his friends, he actually wanted to participate, which I think is so cute. There was a petting zoo, and Evan went inside to pet the animals. He also got to pet a donkey (which he kept petting the hiney... don't know what to say about that...). There was also a train, which Evan wouldn't ride until the girls got there. He kept wanting me to follow the train with the stroller, though. So cute. He eventually rode the train, though, and I was even able to ride with both of my kids.

On Sunday, my sister, her boyfriend, my mom, and my aunt, as well as Nick, Alia, and Aiden, all met at Champion Forest for Trunk-Or-Treat. There were bouncy houses (which Evan still won't get in), food (Chris got a HUGE turkey leg), a fire-engine, and lots and lots of cars parked giving out candy. We didn't even go to every car, and we still have enough candy to last until next year at Halloween! It was so much fun getting to see everyone, and see the kids all cute and dressed up.




























Happy Halloween, everyone!

1 comments:

Judyn said...

The girls love your babies so much! I am glad they got to spend a little bit of their Halloween together. Thanks for coming :-)