Well, tonight was the last school music program that I will do for a while. Chris, Evan, and I just got home from Cooper, where my DRUM Club performed, as well as the 2nd grade students who performed the program Bugz.
The DRUM Club performed 2 songs; a Brazilian Samba (which they learned yesterday!), and a piece called Body Jam, by Lamar Burkhalter. They worked really hard, and did a phenomenal job tonight. Although they are a talkative group, they are definitely a good group of kids. I hope that they are proud of what we have done, and that they always remember how hard they worked to be good at something.
My 2nd graders did a great job as well. The kids who show up to the night performance always give 110% for their parents, and tonight was no exception. The speakers all knew their part and where to stand, as well as made it fun while saying their lines. I'm glad tonight is over, though. Chris always says, "It'll go well, or it'll be over!" Well, tonight it went well! Now if we can just do it one more time for kindergarten tomorrow and make it just as good, then I'll be happy!
I am looking at this evening with new eyes, as it is my last big production before I can be a stay-at-home Mom next year. I've had such a good time getting to be creative, work with the kids, and be something good in their lives, but I'm also excited about my future and the future of my family. God has provided me with wonderful memories from the past 3 years, but I know that he has wonderful and exciting plans for our future.
I need to say thank you to my wonderful husband, Chris. He is always so supportive of everything that I want to do. He and I got a chance to go out to eat before picking up Evan tonight, and then he stayed at the school to help me with anything that I needed before the show started. Thank you, Chris, for being such a wonderful husband! I love you with all of my heart!










0 comments:
Post a Comment