"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Friday, April 24, 2009

No More

Along with everything else this week, the time has also come for me to stop nursing Evan. He has been weaning himself for a while, but I have been putting off reality. It is time to stop.


I have loved every minute of nursing, even though it was literally one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life! It was amazing to be able to bond with my baby and know that I was needed to care for him. 

I thought that it would be harder for me to stop, but I am actually relieved. I now have time to do things at work that I haven't been able to do for the past year without stressing. Every now and then, I get sad because it feels like he doesn't need me as much. But then I watch him crawl to me when I pick him up from the babysitter with this huge smile on his face, and I know he needs me. One thing that I have learned about being a Mom is that you must be flexible. He will always need me, it will just be in a different way in each new phase.

Also, thank you Judy for all of the support and advice over the last twelve months. I wouldn't have been able to make it this far without your help! Thanks for being my cheerleader!

0 comments: