"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Friday, May 22, 2009

New Things

I've been meaning to write this post for about a week, because I knew that I would forget...and I know that I have now forgetten half of what I actually wanted to write. Guess I should get with it if I want to remember these things!


A few firsts that I can remember:

1st Haircut:
Everyone has been giving me a hard time about trimming Evan's hair before he turned one (just over the ears, ok?!). Now that he has had his first birthday, I went all out and just gave him a full haircut. Let's face it, if I only trimmed it over his ears many more times, then a full mullet would have appeared! So, I got the scissors out while everyone else distracted him, and went to work. (Photos will come as I find the camera cord again...).

Whistling:
Evan has learned how to "whistle." It's more like making a big O shape with his mouth and breathing in and out to make the noise, but it's so cute!

When You're Happy & You Know It:
Evan will clap his hands when we sing this song, as well as raise his arms for Amen, and stomp his feet (at least some of the time!). He even does it when our awesome babysitter, Carmen, sings it in Spanish!

Pointing:
This has been going on for a while, and it started as him pointing with his fingers smushed together in the direction of whatever he was pointing. He now uses just one finger to point at EVERYTHING.

1st Reaction to a Vaccine:
After receiving his 12 month shots, Evan had a reaction to the MMR (measles) vaccine. When I picked him up this past Monday, he had what looked like a splotchy sunburn all on his face and body. He also had a small fever to go with it (101 was highest). Turns out, 20% of babies who receive this shot get a rash and fever just like this 7-10 after the shot. It went away by the next morning, and he is feeling fine, now!

It seems like there is so much more, but I can't think of it right now. I could write about every little thing that he does, because it is just really cool to watch him learn all of these things! To see him go from completely helpless and clueless to doing things like putting a phone to his or our ears is the coolest thing!

1 comments:

M & M said...

Yeah! And I am not sure we will make it to one year either. The hair is getting pretty long... (even if there is not much of it)
Maybe this summer/next year/etc...when you are home you will be able to keep up better...oops...never mind :)