"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Van!

Hola, everyone! Guess what we did this weekend? Well, check it all out:


First, we had a blast hanging out with Nick, Alia, and soon to be baby Aiden. After church, we hung out with them for a while, then Chris and I tried to visit a few car dealerships to look at vans, but not much luck there. Then we all hung out and painted their nursery (except Alia). It looks so awesome, and I can't wait to see the actual baby in there! We actually ended up staying the night at their house because of Memorial Day, which we haven't done since Hurricane Ike. It was so much fun, and stayed up way too late!

On Monday, we woke up to Evan crying at 6:30am. I put him to sleep in Nick & Alia's bedroom to keep him away from the noise of us painting, but didn't remember that the boys were getting up early for breakfast with some friends from church...Needless to say, he woke up when he heard us all moving around. I walked in to see Nick lying on the floor, Alia laying in bed, and Evan looking over the top of his play crib at everyone. It was really funny in the moment!

Ok, long story short, we ended up buying a van later in the day! I drove my Chevy Malibu for 8 years, and it was an awesome little car. It got me through college, lots of trip to teach lessons, and the first 5 years of my marriage, and was still running great. We are so happy to have more room now, though! It's nice to know we can actually drive our large extended family around and be comfortable at the same time. Not to mention, we were able to save enough to just pay it off! No payments! Now if we can keep it running well, maybe we won't have to buy another car until Evan starts driving??!!

(Will add pictures when I find the camera cord...)

0 comments: