This will sound sappy, but it feels like I was just writing a post about Aubrie's 1st week, and now she's already one month and one day old; crazy!
This has been a crazy month, to be sure. Getting used to having 2 children is definitely an experience, but one that I am happy to be going through. Evan absolutely loves having Aubrie around, at least so far. The only time he seems to have a problem with her is when I'm feeding her and he wants me to hold him. But he is so wonderful and easy going most of the time that I can distract him with a toy or get him to help me with something and he is good to go again.
* She LOVES to have her diaper changed.
* She sleeps during the day and is awake from about 9:30-1am most nights. Since we have gotten her room together, she sleeps much better at night, though. Also, I'm doing a better job of getting her routine down; eat, play (stay awake), and then sleep.
* She still scares us every now and then with her choking noises, but she seems to get better with that every day.
* She gets the hiccups about 10 times a day!
* She LOVES to be held and cuddled with.
* She is fascinated with her brother. If she is crying and hears his voice nearby, she will stop crying and turn towards Evan's voice.
* She laughs out loud in her sleep all the time, and started smiling at people while awake a few days ago.
* I think she is going to love the water like her Daddy, because she loves the bath! Evan is like his Mommy and didn't take to the water right away.
* She wanted to hold her head up about 20 minutes after she was born, and is kind of hard to hold sometimes because she jerks her head up off your shoulder so that she can look around.
* She doesn't have to be swaddled to go to sleep like Evan did, although it does help her stay asleep longer at night.
I'm not great at the captions like Alia, so just enjoy some pics from Aubrie's 1st month! There are more (can you believe it?!), but I need to download them for my Mom and Sister's cameras.
We love you so very much, Aubrie. You are such a joy to us, and you have definitely made our family feel more complete!










0 comments:
Post a Comment