I just called the doctor about Aubrie's second newborn screening test, and found out that it takes 2 weeks to get the results back. So, I should get a call around Monday of next week with the results, and then we will find out if we need to see a pediatric specialist (endocrinologist?) if the test shows that there might be a problem. We aren't even sure if the first test result showed that she wasn't making enough of the thyroid hormone, or too much. There are different treatments for either way, but we are hoping that we don't even have to worry about that and that her second test will come back normal.
I will keep everyone posted as we find out what her second newborn screening test reveals. Please continue to pray for Aubrie and that her body has regulated itself from the first test and that everything is fine. Thank you.










0 comments:
Post a Comment