"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Aubrie's 3rd Month

I know this post is a little bit late; I've been meaning to write it for 2 weeks now and am just getting around to it. It's been pretty busy around here with both kids, and Chris is always busy during the month of May. We are all ready for school to be out and spend the summer with Daddy!

Aubrie has blossomed so much in just the last few weeks. She is such a happy baby! My friend asked me how I was lucky enough to get two such happy kids; I don't know, but I feel blessed for sure! 

Aubrie loves to talk. She's alright if I need to do something and can't be right next to her all of the time (at least for a few minutes), but just lights up when someone sits down next to her or picks her up. She will just start talking and making noises and shrieks with a huge smile on her face! It is so cute! She also loves to watch her brother. When he is in the room, she will just watch him wherever he goes, soaking it all in. I caught Evan sitting down next to her yesterday and showing her his shoes. He was saying, "Aubrie, Evan shoes light up. Evan shoes light up, Aubrie. Look." It was so cute to see him talking to her like that! I can't wait to see them really playing together; I know they're gonna be big buds! 

Aubrie also smiles a lot. She smiles just as much as her brother at this age, but she makes a lot more noises to go with it. Evan would always smile but not make any sounds. Aubrie is already belly laughing! She is very ticklish like her Mama. She laughs when I change her diaper, when I'm putting on her clothes, when I'm checking for poop, etc. She even laughed for the doctor the last time we went when they were doing her exam! So cute!

She can roll over from her tummy to her back (from about 2 months old), and is REALLY trying to roll over from her back to her tummy now. She tries so hard! She sticks her legs out really straight and turns her head back like a 'C'. If she could just get her leg over then she'd have it! She is holding her head up great now, which makes it a lot easier to hold her than when she was first born. She's been trying to hold her head from the first 20 minutes she was born, and now she's a pro!

We're still a little worried about her choking, but overall that has gotten a lot better. Just when we think that she's grown out of it, she'll choke while we're changing a diaper, etc. I'm ready for this stage to be over with for sure; it's no fun being worried all the time. I think that has also kept me from getting her to sleep through the night as fast, also. Evan was sleeping for like 11 hours a night by the time he was 8 weeks old, but that's not so with Aubrie! 2 nights ago I started my "sleep training" with her, and I hope it works soon, cause I want to be able to sleep for more than 5 hours at a time! 





Overall, it hasn't been as hard as I thought having two... at least not now. It was definitely hard getting used to it, but now I just love watching the two of them together! We have out routine down, and Evan loves to check on Aubrie, tell me to get her if she's crying, etc. I can't wait to see what happens in the future!

0 comments: