"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Monday, May 17, 2010

Terrible Who?

Aye-yay-yay! Who is this boy in my house, and where did my son go?! It's like someone switched my son a few days before his birthday party, because we are goin' into a whole new territory with this kid!

I know that Evan is going through a tough time right now where his mouth and legs hurt (he's getting his second set of molars, and have leg growing pains-all at the same time-which makes for a not so happy kid). Tylenol seems to help a little bit, but he's just so whiny, which we are definitely not used to. Yesterday we had a "discussion" about his stuffed puppy dog; he wanted to bring it downstairs for breakfast, but as soon as it was downstairs, he yelled, "No, puppy UPSTAIRS!" So I lovingly say I'll take it back upstairs, and Evan even louder says, "No, puppy DOWNSTAIRS!", all the time crying like I was killing the dog or something. So, I just hid the puppy behind the couch and distracted him with breakfast. I just felt like laughing the whole time!

But even now as I'm trying to figure out how to best help my son get through this, he surprises me. He'll be in the middle of a fit, then turn to me and say "thank you Mama." He's still that sweet kid that melts my heart; who is kind, thoughtful, and polite. This morning Aubrie starts crying because she's tired. I was in the bathroom, and come around the corner to see him talking to her to calm her down; saying, "it's ok Aubie, no crying, come ere (trying to pick her up), Aubie sleeeeepy, go sleep Aubie (while patting her head)." Just when I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do, he surprises me and shows me who he really is.

0 comments: