"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fever

I thought Evan felt warm yesterday, but of course I can't find the thermometer when I need it, so I can't say what his temp actually was (I'm a terrible mother, I know). But while we were visiting with Chris' parents at Nick & Alia's house today, Evan just looked like he didn't feel well. His temp was 100.5 when I actually asked for a thermometer. Of course I can't find the ear check monitor, either, so I couldn't check to see if he might have an ear infection (which is what I'm thinking it is...). He's been teething for several weeks now on 4 molars, and this is the first time he's felt warm, which is one reason why I think it could be an ear infection. I'm kind of hoping for the ear infection, because we can treat it with antibiotics if needed, whereas the flu just has to run it's course. And with all of this talk about the swine flu, it's just our luck to maybe catch it, as I'm pregnant (and can't seem to find a vaccine for myself). I finally broke down and gave him some tylenol when it looked like his fever wasn't getting any higher, just to make him feel better, poor baby.

Please pray that this will go away quickly and that it is nothing serious. It is soooo hard to watch your baby when they're not feeling well. I just wish I could simply take his pain away! But the only way to do that is to pray that God can heal him, not me. Please pray that Evan would wake up in the morning his normal smiling self with no fever.

1 comments:

M & M said...

Will be praying!