"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Too Much For One Day

Parents out there, do you ever have those days when you feel like you just can't handle your kid growing up any more in one day? I'm having a day like that today.

It sounds crazy, but it all started when I saw Evan this morning. From the moment Chris brought him downstairs and Evan hugged me good morning, I had the feeling that he had grown a lot in one night. He even looked bigger; from the way he looked taller, to hearing him repeat all of our words, to using all of his own words to talk to us.

I bought him a booster seat at the church consignment sale, and had it setup in one of our chairs. When I left to go back to the sale this morning (1/2 price day!), Chris used the booster seat instead of Evan's high chair, and it apparently worked out great. I wasn't ready for him to actually sit in the chair, because it needs one more strap before it's really secure enough. Well, guess what? Evan WILL NOT sit in his high chair anymore! He started crying and trying to climb out when I tried to put him in it for lunch. It was kind of like a kick in the stomach that he passed that milestone without me having time to really contemplate it first... I thought I was ready, but I didn't know he would react that way! I guess he's bigger than I thought...
The only other real thing that he has done today that makes him seem bigger is that he climbed onto our armchair without any help today. I know others who have babies who climbed much earlier than Evan, but it was just the icing on the cake today since I was already having a hard time with taking the high chair to the garage.

I hope that is all he has in store for us today. It's only 4:30, so he might do something else new before bedtime, who knows! I never realized how hard it would be to let him grow up. I'm glad that he can do all of these new things and that he is super excited about it, but no one ever told me that it was harder on the parents than the kids!

0 comments: