"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Friday, November 13, 2009

Is it Christmas already?

I spent 3.5 hours yesterday afternoon at the Just Between Friends Consignment Sale at our church, and found some fantastic deals! At first I was a little overwhelmed because there were so many people there, as well as so much stuff! Everywhere I turned the aisles were blocked by strollers and people trying to get the best deals. It was nice when the crowd thinned out a bit so that I could really see what was there. I did find some great deals, though, including a slide for $10, a tricycle, a wooden play box with all kinds of gadgets on it (the kind at the doctor's office), some miscellaneous Elmo stuff, books, movies, and TONS of clothes for both boys and girls. I didn't splurge on the clothes too much, because the last day of the sale most items are marked half price. So I'll go back either tonight or tomorrow morning to check out the half price clothes items so that we can stock up on clothes for Aubrie, and get some larger clothes for Evan.

I feel like a kid myself sometimes, because I couldn't wait to show Evan the stuff I got! I was going to try and wait until Christmas to show him some of the bigger items, but I couldn't help myself! I guess he's still at the age that he won't really notice that he's already seen some of the stuff that's wrapped up... is that terrible?! I know this is the last year that we'll be able to get away with that, though.

Here are some pictures of Evan's "early" Christmas.




(these are only Evan's clothes... I already put twice as many upstairs for Aubrie!)

As you can tell, Evan loves everything Elmo!

0 comments: