I went to the doctor this morning for my 37 week checkup, and everything is going well with the baby. Really good news: I didn't gain any weight this week! This is especially great news since I gained 4 pounds last week... That doesn't sound that bad, but that's what I was planning on gaining for the rest of the pregnancy, so I was a bit bummed last week. So far I'm at 29 pounds gained from when I found out I was pregnant. That is 5 pounds more than when I was pregnant with Evan, but I will still take it over anything higher! I also plan to breast-feed, so I'm hoping that will help me lose the weight!
I am 2.5 cm dilated, and 50% effaced. This is about what I was with Evan, and he was 4 days late, so I guess there's no way of really telling when she'll be here. I'm hoping she'll wait until closer to her due date because my doctor will be out of town for a week until the 12th of Feb, and Nick & Alia will be at TMEA in San Antonio from the 10-13th. So, I hope she can wait until everyone makes it back into town before we meet her.
What else... I think that's all from my appointment this morning. The only other thing that I wanted to mention is that I think Evan can tell that something is about to change in our lives. He has been really good about playing during the day, but has been VERY clingy the past 2 nights before bedtime. Evan is not really a whiner, and I've been worried about him the past 2 nights because he just cries and moans (it might be growing pains?). I don't mind all that much, because I get to go back in and love on him a bit before he goes to sleep: the hugs are worth every minute of lost sleep (haha, I say this pre-baby!). He has also been saying "baby" out of the blue a lot lately, and also makes sure to let me know he is a "big boy." I hope that Chris and I can do the right things to make the transition easier for Evan, and ourselves. I know it will be different and take some getting used to, but I'm excited to see what our new family will be like and get used to it. Please pray that Evan will do well with his new sister, though. I don't want him to feel slighted in any way, and I want him to know that we still love him with all our hearts.










0 comments:
Post a Comment