For this New Year's Eve, Chris, Evan, and I spent the weekend with Nick & Alia at their house. We went over on New Year's Eve to eat dinner and stay the night so that we could celebrate while the little ones were asleep. Actually, we ended up staying for two nights, and only one little one was asleep when the ball dropped (Aiden was a little gassy and had a hard time sleeping!).
It was all great fun this weekend. We played Chris' new Wii, and had a blast playing both Wii Fit and Wii Sports (bowling was great!). We also ended up helping Nick & Alia paint their bedroom, which I forgot to take pictures, which is why we ended up staying another night. We went to the park, and took a walk to visit with the ducks. It was a great way to bring in the new year: with family that we love.
We hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day, and that the new year holds many great and wonderful things. Chris and I are obviously focused on one special aspect to start the new year off right: getting ready for Aubrie to get here! We are also about to start a study called Fireproof, which is a 40 day love dare to enhance our marriage. I want to start reading my bible more, be a better wife, make more time for myself, become a better cook, and make friends a priority. Chris wants to have more quiet time with his bible, work out more often, read more, and spend more time with family.
I know that God has many great things in store for us in the coming year; I just hope that we are listening and paying attention so that we can be where He wants us to be and do what He wants us to do. Happy New Year to everyone!










0 comments:
Post a Comment