"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Friday, January 29, 2010

Cantaloupe Anyone?

There is a story that my Dad tells about the first time that I ate cantaloupe. I was about 3 years old, and apparently ate everything on the planet up until this time. Haha, that is, until I tried cantaloupe... He says that I made this face like it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever eaten (which I guess was back then)!.

While trying to be a good mom and not pass on my own food tendencies to my children, I did the unthinkable and bought a cantaloupe the other day. I cringed while even touching the melon insides, but I did it for my son. And then the big moment... will he like it? or will he follow in his Mama's footsteps?

Let's see:

By the way, I still don't like the taste or smell of cantaloupe... :)

3 comments:

M & M said...

That's hilarious! Did you tell him that you don't like it before he tried it? That is amazing!

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I didn't like the taste or smell of it when I was little. Nowadays I'm willing to eat it as long as it is mixed with other types of fruit.

Kim and Eric said...

So cute! Love the new blog look too!