"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Big Boy!

Evan has been telling me lately that he is a "big boy." Every time he climbs up on a chair by himself, he'll say, "Big boy!" Or when he sees something for the baby, he'll look at me and point to himself saying, "Big boy!" So, when he insisted on drinking from a big boy cup the other day, I let him. He's been doing this for a while, but with help, and not with his own cup; usually out of one of our cups. But yesterday he did it with his own cup at the breakfast table, and I didn't need to help him! He did spill it once or twice, but did a really good job.

He truly is getting to be a Big Boy.

Evan going through his Tom Cruise phase, I guess...

already trying to fill big boy shoes (or in this case, Mommy's shoes)
----------
PS~In the last few minutes, Evan has told me that it's "Daddy's turn" to eat chips (he always misses his Daddy when he's at work). Where did he learn about taking turns?! I don't think I've ever said that to him... I also said that I was stuck while sitting on the floor next to him a few seconds ago, and that I might need help up. He grabbed my hand and lifted it up to help me get up! He said something else, but I've already forgotten... I'm so glad I have the blog to write things down if I can't even remember 10 minutes ago!

1 comments:

M & M said...

He sure does look big compared to Aiden.