To say that these past 6 years have flown by would be an understatement. I can't believe that Chris and I have been married for 6 YEARS (June 26, 2004)!! I have known and dated the love of my life for the past decade, and so much has happened since then.
We had 2 dogs, bought a house, had 2 children, witnessed loved ones pass on, seen many marriages of loved ones, travelled, experienced new friendships, and grown closer than we ever thought possible. Chris makes me feel beautiful, even when I feel like no one would want to look at me. He makes me feel loved, when I feel ashamed of how I have acted. He makes me enjoy life, when I know I would just sit at home by myself. He makes me a better person, wife, and mother.
To celebrate our anniversary this year, we decided that it was time to bring back our old tradition of eating at the Melting Pot. We hadn't been since before Evan was born! It is kind of expensive, so it is our one splurge of the year when it comes to a date, but we look forward to it all year long, and this year was no exception!
After ordering a fantastic blackberry margarita (of which I only had about 3 sips or I would have gotten sleepy), we moved on to the 4 course fondue meal. It was so good, and so much fun! It is really neat to try each bite of food with a different sauce, and to see what tastes the best together. The salads are amazing, and the dessert is so rich! This year we chose the Flaming Turtle, which is cool because they light it on fire at your table! (We didn't get a picture of the dessert because it was gone too fast!).
Thank you, Chris, for the best 6 years of my life!










0 comments:
Post a Comment