Today we took one of our dogs, Miles, to Dallas to live with a wonderful foster Mom until he can be adopted out. We started the process about a week after we brought Aubrie home from the hospital of adopting our dogs out through ATDR (All Texas Dachshund Rescue). We have been trying to move Miles up to Dallas since the weekend of Evan's birthday, but it hasn't worked out until today. It was a long day of driving, especially having the kids with us, but worth it.
It was a fun road-trip as a family. We made it to Rockwall, Tx around 1:30, and spent about 30 minutes getting to know Tina, and letting Miles get used to his new home and fellow doxies (2). Then we left and went to eat at the Magic Time Machine, which was a blast! I needed some good food to help cheer me up. It was my second time to eat there; the first time was with the Girl Scouts in 6th grade! We ate in Sherwood Forest with Robin Hood as our server, so cool. What's weird is that Robin Hood was our server tonight, too! We saw Dr. Evil, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, a vampire lady, the Dad from the Incredibles, Woody from Toy Story, and Joe Dirt. It was really cool, and I think Evan had a blast. He was pretty tired and crazy at the restaurant, but I think he enjoyed it. There was a school bus that you could eat in, and he thought it was the coolest thing!
We made it back home around 8:50PM, and are glad to be home. I really miss Miles, though. I know that it really is the best thing for the dogs and our family, but I still miss him. I don't miss the barking at the rain, or barking at every blade of grass that moves, but I do miss his snuggles and kisses. He and Buttercup were a big part of our lives until we had kids, so it is hard to give them up, even though we need to.
It seems so quiet tonight... I guess I need to get used to it... Love you, Miles.










0 comments:
Post a Comment