I made this cake for Chris (& other teachers) to celebrate the end of school. I was going for something manly and elegant, so I thought chocolate. It isn't what I started out to make, at all, but I think I'm definitely getting better! It was going to be a double layer cake with chocolate buttercream icing in the middle, but it was late and I only felt like making one layer (am I lazy or what?!)! Also, the stars were going to look a bit different, but with only one layer, I had to change up my plans. Next I'm going to try a smaller double layer cake with piped scrolls... I know, it sounds ambitious! But I've gotta try sometime, right?! The fondant is getting easier to make, and yummier! I think I could live on this marshmallow fondant! Oh, and I tried to cut some things out on my Cricut, but no such luck. I'm not willing to only use my Cricut for food now, and therefore not willing to cut things off, etc to make it work. Maybe one day I'll save up and buy the cricut cake... I've gotta get a lot better, though, first!
I used the stars to show that my Hubby, Nick, and Alia are all stars for being such wonderful teachers!










1 comments:
looks incredible! Can't believe this is only the third one. You look like you have been doing this forever!
Post a Comment