"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Monday, June 14, 2010

Evan's 2 Year Checkup

So much has changed with Evan, even since his birthday a few weeks ago! The most notable change is that he is getting really good at talking in sentences now. He'll say something like, "Mommy, no, just milk, please." Or, "Watch, Mommy, please." Or, "I need dat oer dere, Mommy." He's also saying even more words correctly now, which breaks my heart, but makes me happy at the same time. It's now 'orange' instead of 'ornage', and 'please' instead of 'hease.' He still says 'hoof' for fish, though, so I'm happy!

He's also getting so tall! I still want to see that baby face, but instead I see a little boy's face! I learned at the doctor this morning that he had a major growth spurt. He used to be in the 50th percentile for everything (from birth up), and is now in the 97th percentile! She said he'd really sprouted, and I guess I'd have to agree with her!

His personality is really blossoming, too. He has really started to LOVE trains, and my Mom has a set of Thomas the Tank Engine trains at her house. Evan just randomly came up to me and made this crazy smiley face and said, "Mommy, Michael face like dis!" It was so cute! He's really good with his manners, now, and says please, thank you, and no thank you without prompting by us (most of the time!). We're now working on 'sir' and 'ma'am,' but those are hard. He's just as crazy as his Daddy, and sweet as his Mommy!

We are attempting to potty train him, also. He's known the logistics for a while, i.e. sit on potty, flush, wash hands. But he's actually pottied 5 times! Not in a row, of course, but we're on a roll! He likes to tell us AFTER he's gone in his diaper... It's a work in progress!

Overall, he definitely keeps us on our toes, and we love every minute of it! For 25 months, he weighs 32 lbs (90%), is 37.5 inches long (97%), and his head is 19.75 inches around (96%). He got one shot this morning, and didn't even cry!! I couldn't believe it! He made a face, but didn't cry! And then felt even better when the nurse gave him some cool fish sunglasses, a green lollipop (his favorite), and a green squeaky frog. Love that Little Man!


And I have to take a moment and post this pic, too. Evan LOVES his Uncle Nick & Aunt Alia! (& Aiden-he says, "Aiten"-too!)

(Oh, and did I mention that we have an inkling that he might be color blind? I mentioned to my Mom that he has trouble with the color red, and she thought of the color blindness. Apparently, my grandfather and uncle were both color blind. The doc says there's no way to tell until he gets really good at his numbers and shapes, etc, because of the test.)

4 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I love green squeaky frogs!

Chris and Kim said...

Hahahahahahahaha!

Jaime said...

Kim, we used to be afraid L was colorblind too b/c he had trouble with red all the time. I even mentioned to his teachers at school but by the end of the year he knows it correctly now. We also have color blindness on my side of the family so it was something we thought about as well. Lindsay is a VI teacher so she could offer you insight if so, but she kept telling me at 2 it was still normal. :)

Chris and Kim said...

Thanks, Jaime!