Wow, a lot has gone on this month! Aubrie is getting bigger, and growing into her personality. She is happy almost all of the time, and giggles and laughs if someone even looks at her, and especially if you tickle her thighs! My Mom says that I was the same as a baby. (She's got good genes, I guess, haha!).
She absolutely LOVES to be held by someone. She likes to know that someone is in the room with her, but just lights up when you pick her up! Then she'll just smiling and talking to you. She loves her Mommy, Daddy, and Big Brother. She loves to hear the sound of Chris' deep voice, and to stare at her silly brother, and... let's face it... she loves Mommy mainly for food! (at least right now).
(It's amazing how many of these pics resemble pics of Evan when he was a baby!)
She loves to nurse right now. We still can't get her to take a bottle, which is ok right now. It would be nice to be able to go out for a bit without worrying about whether she'll eat if I'm not there, but I'm just going to enjoy the moments we have together. All too soon she'll be eating solid foods and I won't have these alone-time moments with her, so I'm not complaining one bit!
(happy after eating)
I'm amazed at how different my children can be. Aubrie loves to suck on her hands/fingers. She doesn't really take a pacifier, but prefers her two fingers instead (as above). Whereas, Evan still likes to sleep with his binky, and tells me that, "Aubrie needs yellow binky!" when she's fussy.
She loves to swing, which Evan was never really interested in, and she loves to read books. I'm so happy to have children who are interested in books! It's so neat to see the look of concentration on her face as she learns something new and sees something in a book for the first time! She likes to watch the television, too. She likes to look at the virtual aquarium on Finding Nemo, and could watch it for hours if I let her!
I'm so happy to have such a wonderful son and daughter! I love looking back at what my family started out as, and what it is turning into. After a rough first year of marriage, Chris and I are so very blessed to be where we are now. We love each other more each and every day; and while there are always rough spots, we know that we can work through anything together. To see our family turn from just the two of us, to having two children has been an amazing blessing from God. I honestly could not have pictured my life being any happier than I am today!
------------------
Doctor's Visit (4 month checkup info):
Aubrie weighs 13 lbs, 3.3 oz (50%)
Is 24.25 inches long (50%)
Head Circumference of 16.5 inches (75%)
She got 2 shots, and cried her head off! The girl doesn't like to be uncomfortable! But I'm so proud of her! She cried all day long when she was 2 months old, and hasn't cried once since we left the doctor's office today, and has been her normal, happy self! You go, girl!
------------------
Doctor's Visit (4 month checkup info):
Aubrie weighs 13 lbs, 3.3 oz (50%)
Is 24.25 inches long (50%)
Head Circumference of 16.5 inches (75%)
She got 2 shots, and cried her head off! The girl doesn't like to be uncomfortable! But I'm so proud of her! She cried all day long when she was 2 months old, and hasn't cried once since we left the doctor's office today, and has been her normal, happy self! You go, girl!










0 comments:
Post a Comment