"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."~Romans 8:28

Our Family

Monday, June 14, 2010

Grammy's House

Aaahhhhh, my Mom's house, how we love it! I love being able to take my kids to her 5 acre property so that they can get a (very) small taste of how I grew up. 

I grew up going to relative's homes in East Texas with 1000 acre properties where we could go fishing, ride 4-wheelers, feed the animals, ride horses (at least touch them!), chase giant turtles in one of the ponds (or watch it chase us!), talk about cow shooshie, climb trees to get stuck fishing lures out, have fish frys, etc etc etc. My Mom's house is nothing like that, but it sure comes as close in this big city as we can get. She has a pond that we will spend many hours at in the future, I'm sure. She has space around her home where we can run and play, she has a 4-wheeler and tractor to race around in, dewberry and honeysuckle vines, a tire swing, and many other cool things that take us away from the city life. While visiting this past week, we found out that she has martins nesting in her fireplace chimney, as well as a duck sitting on a nest in her back yard (I hope we have baby ducks soon!). I'm thankful for these glimpses into my childhood and that my children can experience them, too, even if in a different way.






1 comments:

M & M said...

I have fond memories too of childhood spent in east texas on my grandmother's "farm" acreage with animals, gardens, woods, pond etc...